Date Posted: 1 June 2011
Effective Date: from 1 June 2011
Acceptable Use Policy
This Acceptable Use Policy is issued by Maat Solutions Pty Ltd (Maat), the owner and operator of www.commun-it.com.au. It is incorporated into the Terms and Conditions of use . Maat may change the Acceptable Use Policy at any time in its discretion and you should revisit www.commun-it.com.au regularly to see the latest Acceptable Use Policy. Any changes will come into effect 10 business days after the changed Acceptable Use Policy has been posted (or such later days as is stated in the changed Acceptable Use Policy). Where changes are material we will make a prominent announcement on www.commun-it.com.au as is appropriate in the circumstances.
The primary purpose of this Acceptable Use Policy is to ensure the efficient, lawful and ethical use of www.commun-it.com.au and hosting infrastructure for the benefit of all users, Maat’s customers and their clients and suppliers, and Maat and its customers, advertisers and suppliers. It sets out the things that you can and cannot do with www.commun-it.com.au.
Responsibilities of Users
- Only use www.commun-it.com.au for its intended purpose; being the promotion and sale of professional and ethical products, services and their providers, networking and the exchange of information amongst the ICT community.
- Comply with the rules of any third party that provides applications that you use on, or connect to via, www.commun-it.com.au, including Facebook, Linked In, Twitter, Magnetized Markets, SurveyMonkey, and Adobe Business Catalyst.
- Use www.commun-it.com.au in compliance with any law of Australia or other country.
- Comply with any third parties’ rights of confidentiality or intellectual property rights, including copyright (including moral rights), trade mark, design, patent, trade or other proprietary rights, or any rights of registration of such rights in Australia or other countries.
- Not disclose information that is confidential to another person without their consent.
- Treat personal information of others in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth), or other applicable legislation in any country.
- Use a commercially available anti-virus software on the device that connects to www.commun-it.com.au.
- Comply with any instruction from Maat to delete or remove any material that, in the unfettered opinion of Maat breaches this Acceptable Use Policy.
- Comply with any lawful instruction from Maat to remove content, for example where a third party has issued a Take Down Notice under the provisions of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
- Comply with any request from Maat to assist in preventing any breach of this Acceptable Use Policy, or in respect of any legal action that is taken in respect of www.commun-it.com.au, the content or the website. Maat will reimburse any out of pocket expenses where you provide such assistance, and the cause of the breach or the initiator of the legal action is not you, and Maat agrees to reimburse those expenses in writing in advance.
- Not operate any contest, prize draw, sweepstake or similar promotion without our prior written consent, and license from the appropriate authority.
You must not:
Load, use, publish or provide links to any material that, in the unfettered opinion of Maat:
Contains or distributes any virus, Trojan horse, worm or other programs that have an adverse effect on www.commun-it.com.au, the hosting infrastructure or the internet.
- Degrades, damages, threatens the security or integrity, impairs or interferes with, , other www.commun-it.com.au users of www.commun-it.com.au, other users of the internet or the hosting infrastructure for www.commun-it.com.au in any way, including:
- through excessive use of bandwidth;
- page crawling www.commun-it.com.au.
- Is unlawful in Australia or any other country.
- Is threatening, bullying, abusive, offensive, endangers any person, unlawfully discriminatory or immoral.
- Contains content that could be, or is, rated R, RC or X by the Classification Board of the Australian Broadcasting Authority.
- Contains any information that breaches any code of conduct, whether voluntary or otherwise, including any advertising code of conduct.
- Is an unlawful commercial sending of the commercial communications, including communications which breaches the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
- Is defamatory or libellous in Australia or in any other country.
- Breaches any third party’s rights of confidentiality or intellectual property rights, including copyright (including moral rights), trade mark, design, patent, trade or other proprietary rights, or any rights of registration of such rights in Australia or other countries.
- Offers travel services which are intended to facilitate sex or immoral contact with minors.
- Offers, or invites offers for sale, lease, rental or other arrangement, for goods or services that cannot lawfully be acquired by persons under the age of 18, in Australia or other country.
- Is false, misleading or deceptive or is likely to mislead or deceive.
- Provides misleading information as to the origin of a message, or alters headings, return email information and/or internet protocol addresses in order to conceal the origin of a message.
- Collects or re-directs responses from unsolicited emails from accounts of other service providers.
- Is inappropriate, unprofessional or brings www.commun-it.com.au, Maat, other users of www.commun-it.com.au, or any of Maat’s customers, suppliers, advertisers or associates (or any of their respective employees) into disrepute.
- Collect users content or information, or otherwise access www.commun-it.com.au, using automated means (including robots, spiders, harvesting bots, scrapers or similar).
- Otherwise breaches the Acceptable Use Policy.
Aid, abet, counsel or procure any of the above.
If you do not comply with this Policy.
Maat does not actively monitor www.commun-it.com.au or the content that is loaded into it, nor does Maat exercise actively supervision over www.commun-it.com.au or content that is in the hosted infrastructure or that is transmitted over the internet, nor does Maat monitor this website, to determine whether there has been any failure to comply with the Acceptable Use Policy.
If Maat becomes aware of a breach, or threatened breach, of the Acceptable Use Policy, then Maat may take any action that it deems, in its unfettered discretion, prudent or necessary to prevent or remedy that breach, including immediately and without notice:
- Preventing access to any user or group of users, and/or
- Intercepting, removing or altering any content stored in www.commun-it.com.au, or request a similar action from the operator of any third party application that may be access through, or is linked to, www.commun-it.com.au or in our infrastructure.
If you have any comments or questions on this Acceptable Use Policy please contact Maat using the form on the Contact Us page.